The tips below will come in handy, especially if you are a first time customer. As always, if you have any questions, our Manager can be reached at (585) 637-0716.
- Label everything if possible! It will make your items easier to identify.
- Climate Controlled units are best utilized if you have high-value items that are temperature-sensitive. Items such as: electronics, computer equipment, wine, artwork and family heirlooms are especially beneficial to store in Climate Control units.
- Other benefits of Climate Controlled units provide: prevent leather goods from cracking, hinders the warping of wood on furniture, keeps papers from sticking together and many, many more.
- In addition to a Climate Control storage unit for maintaining value to your valuables, certain packing accessories can make a world of difference in safely storing your items. These accessories include: packing peanuts, bubble wrap, furniture covers for tables, chairs and bedroom furniture and wood pallets to keep items close to the floor elevated.
- Store the articles you need to access the most often up front by the unit’s door. For example, will you need to retrieve your snow ski equipment this winter?
- When storing appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, etc., be sure they're carefully cleaned and dry as possible.
- A storage unit facility provides a great benefit to business owners of whom have a surplus of office merchandise, files, important documents or other resources due to rapid growth!
- If you are storing books and office files, place them upon a shelf or wooded pallet to avoid concrete moisture absorption. Make sure the boxes are sealed tight to avoid dust entering them.
- If you are storing mirrors, glass, windows, or screens, store them on their edges, not flat.
- If you are storing furniture, cover with a dust cover or bed sheet.
- Finally, always use a secure lock for your storage. Disc locks (pictured below) come highly recommended for the protection of your valuables. They are extremely hard to get into without a key. You actually need power tools to break them open!
Brockport Mini Storage - 1980 Transit Way - Brockport, NY 14420 - (585) 637-0716 - BrockportMiniStorage@gmail.com